14 Milk Boosting Postpartum Meals For Breastfeeding Moms
Navigating postpartum meals when your a breastfeeding mom is easy with these simple to make postpartum meals that provide wholesome nutrition for moms and babies.
What Meals Help Produce Breastmilk?
Having wholesome nutrition after giving birth is essential for proper healing and producing quality breastmilk for your infant.
There are a variety foods that can help boost your breastmilk making it more likely for you to have a successful breastfeeding journey.
If you are considering breastfeeding your newborn begin implementing these nutrient rich foods into your diet before giving birth and then continuing eating nutritious wholesome meals throughout your breastfeeding journey.
Nutrient rich foods are your best choice when preparing a breastfeeding meal plan for yourself.
You want to choose quality meats that ideally are grass fed, pasture raised, or wild caught plus organic sources of fruits and vegetables to give you the vitamins and minerals needed to produce good breastmilk.
Also choose high quality sources of fat to boost your breastmilk through an increased caloric intake from foods like avocados, olive oil, nuts, seeds, coconut oil, and ghee.
With these wholesome ingredients you can easily create a meal plan that allows you the nutrition you need to heal, but also a diet that allows you to produce milk easily.
14 Easy Meals For Breastfeeding Moms:
This list of easy meals source nutrient dense ingredients to create wholesome meals perfect for breastfeeding moms.
All of these meals can be prepared simply through an easy meal prep plan that allows you to have quality ingredients on hand to create simple wholesome meals to eat to keep your breastmilk flowing.
1. Black Beans with Roasted Sweet Potato Bites Fresh Corn and an Iceberg Lettuce with Salsa
2. Ground Turkey with Steamed Rice and Sautéed Broccoli, Carrots, Soy Sauce
3. Chick Peas and Spinach with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Carrots Served With Crisp Cucumbers
4. Grilled Chicken with Quinoa and a Roasted Zucchini and Yellow Squash Melody
5. Grilled Chicken with Steamed Rice, Chickpeas, Roasted Zucchini and Tzatziki Sauce
6. Romain Lettuce with Tuna, Avocado, and Roasted Garlic Potatoes
7. Oven Baked Salmon with Roasted Potatoes, Green Beans, and Carrots
8. Cold Shrimp, Steamed Rice with Avocado, Cucumbers, Carrots, and Fresh Seaweed Crisps
9. Spinach with Hard Boiled Eggs, Cucumbers, Carrots, Avocado, and Roasted Sweet Potato
10. BBQ Chicken with Roasted Sweet Potato and Steamed Broccoli Florets
11. Grilled Chicken with Refried Beans, Fresh Corn, and Iceberg Lettuce with Salsa
12. Grilled Steak with Peppers and Steamed Potato with Green Beans
13. BBQ Chicken with Steamed Rice and Pineapples
14. Chicken Noodle Soup with a Fresh Salad
Healthy Meals For Breastfeeding Moms
Making healthy meals when your a breastfeeding moms is easy when you know what foods to prepare.
By choosing to stick with nutrient rich foods you can easily create food combinations that will support a good milk supply for your baby.
When preparing these meals consider batch cooking a variety of base ingredients at once to save time.
With foods prepared ahead of time you can have the perfect ingredients ready to assemble a wide variety of healthy meals throughout the week.